Beerakaya / ridge gourds - 2
Onions - 1/2 chopped
Milk - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Musterd seeds - 1/2 tsp
Crushed red chilli - 1 tbsp
turmeric powder - pinch
Curry leaves - 3 to 4
Salt - as per taste
- Peel beerakaya and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera musterd seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add onions and beerakaya pieces, cover it and cook on a medium heat stirring occasionally.
- when the onions and beerakaya are cooked remove lid, add salt and turmeric powder.
- When salt is added water comes out from curry, cook untill the water gets evaporated.
- Add milk (if possible whole milk) and cook with out lid untill the milk is absorbed by curry.
- Yummu beerakaya curry is ready.
- Serve with hot white rice or roti